New local community job opportunity
The Coffee Tavern Trust is looking for a new caretaker after the long service and retirement of Sylvia Hignell.
Caretaker of Coffee Tavern
Location: High Street, Eaton Bray. Reporting to the Coffee Tavern Trust.
The job can be split into two separate roles – one to manage the clerical and building duties, and the other to do the cleaning if required.
Cleaning and Care of the Premises
The role requires the successful candidate to:
- Ensure the building is kept clean and tidy.
- Report any faults or defects promptly to the Parish Council.
- Clear any litter that has gathered in the porch and car park.
- Report on any vandalism
- Report on any damaged trees or shrubs in car park.
- Report all faulty light bulbs as necessary and ensure stocks of hand towels, toilet rolls, soap and cleaning materials are maintained.
- Liaise with prospective hirers and arrange lettings, advising hire costs.
- Keep up to date records of lettings and money received.
- Pass all monies to The Coffee Tavern Trust on a monthly basis.
- Ensure any mail is passed promptly to the Coffee Tavern Trust.
Security of Premises
- Ensure building is secure after lettings and keys returned promptly.
- Check curtains are pulled back after lettings.
If you are interested in applying for the role, please contact the Parish Clerk:
Alternatively, complete the enquiry form and the Coffee Tavern Trust & Parish Council will be in touch.