“It is with great sadness that we mourn the passing of an exceptional man and an extraordinary public servant who worked tirelessly for the many organisations that he supported. He will be greatly missed and we send our condolences to Her Majesty The Queen and all The Royal Family on behalf of all the residents of Eaton Bray.”
This page contains all of the existing information regarding the Eaton Bray Neighbourhood Plan. The Referendum on the Adoption of the Plan was held on 3rd October 2019. The result of the referendum was that 91% voted in favour of the Neighbourhood Plan.
Introducing the Eaton Bray Neighbourhood Plan
The Government is encouraging town and parish councils to set out Neighbourhood Development Plans that demonstrate how communities would like to improve the villages and their surroundings in the future. It will also help provide some protection to Eaton Bray when it comes to unwanted over-development and support the need for infrastructure improvements.
The current plan is the outcome of three years of research and consultation. Thank you to the steering group, our professional advisor and to all those who have taken part in previous consultations.
What is a Neighbourhood Plan? Put simply, it is a document that describes the desired plans for a village over a 20 year period and contains the areas that village residents feel are important and specifies what the majority wants. It covers topics such as housing and development, amenities, environmental protection, transport and highways, to name but a few.
Once a majority support the plan in a referendum vote, it must be adopted by the local authority as part of the policies and guidance that they use in determining planning applications.
Neighbourhood Plan Documents
For the final documents, please follow the link below. This link will take you to theCentral Bedfordshire Council Neighbourhood Plan document repository.
The following articles have previously been published in Focus Magazine regarding the Eaton Bray Neighbourhood Plan.
- Declaration of Result of Poll – October 2019
- Notice of Poll and Situation of Polling Stations – September 2019
- Notice of Referendum (3rd October 2019) – August 2019
- Neighbourhood Plan Referendum Information Statement – August 2019
- Neighbourhood Development Plan – July 2019
- Neighbourhood Development Plan – May 2019
- Examiner Procedural Matters and Questions – April 2019
- Neighbourhood Development Plan – October 2018
- Neighbourhood Development Plan – September 2018
- Neighbourhood Development Plan – February 2018
- Eaton Bray Neighbourhood Plan Questionnaire – October 2017
- Neighbourhood Development Plan – September 2017
- Drop In Session – September 2017
- Neighbourhood Development Plan – August 2017
- Neighbourhood Development Plan – June 2017